Reduce the number of plastic bottles you purchase by following these helpful tips.
- Keep your reusable water bottle front and center in your refrigerator, so you’ll never forget it.
- Place spare reusable water bottles in your car, gym locker and office.
- Fill your reusable water bottle with more than just water – add sliced fruits, vegetables and herbs. Consider fresh cucumbers, strawberries, lemons, oranges, limes, honeydew melons, mint and basil leaves, rosemary or rose petals. For a tangy twist, add a splash of cider vinegar.
- Beware of BPA. Some reusable water bottles contain Bisphenol A, a potentially harmful chemical in plastic suspected of causing cancer. If the label says “BPA free,” you’re good to go.
- Embrace tap water. Believe it or not, most tap water is cleaner than bottled water. Tap water is monitored by the EPA, state and local authorities, while bottled water is only monitored by the FDA.